Holiday Recipe Club: Spinach Cheddar and Garlic Bread

I discovered a new recipe linky a few weeks ago called Holiday Club. Holiday Recipe Club gives a holiday as inspiration and requires you to work with certain ingredients. The current holiday is Easter/Passover and the ingredients are carrots, spinach, and cheese. The rules state that you must use at least one of the ingredients from the list, and I decided to go with two: eggs and spinach. I found a recipe for spinach cheddar muffins and I knew I found my recipe! After reading the reviews, I made a few changes and added Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder. I also turned the muffins into loaves and served them with our dinner. I loved the flavors of this bread! I think the addition of the additional seasonings really helped make the bread more flavorful and savory. The bread is a bit doughy and makes a great loaf, but I think that it is probabl even better as a muffin.  Please visit the Holiday Recipe Club site to join our club or check out the linky below to see what my fellow bloggers came up with!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 medium bread pans.

Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and seasonings together in a mixing bowl.

Stir the melted butter, egg, milk, spinach, Parmesan, and Cheddar cheese together in a large mixing bowl until evenly blended. Slowly stir in the flour mixture to form a batter. Divide batter between both bread pans.

Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a bread comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes

Labels: , , , ,